At St Julie's we aim to ensure all our children remain safe when on-line. Below are links to relevant websites to ensure that as parents you are well informed about on-line developments on how to keep children safe:
Key messages would be:
- check age ratings for different apps and games and ensure they are appropriate for your child.
- know your child's passcode to monitor their on-line activity
- make children aware of the dangers such as cyber bullying, CSE, CCE and sexting etc etc.
- be in the same room as your child when they are accessing the internet
- parents can take any device into an O2 shop where there is a trained person from the NSPCC who can make devices child safe and adjust settings accordingly
The following website is extremely useful for providing a review of the apps that children use.
If you click on a particular app it will give you the following:
- The app description
- The official ratings (+ parent & child ratings)
- Most reasons for usage by a child
- Experts view of the app's risks
- Parental controls
- Top tips for staying safe
- How to talk to your child about safety
- What children and parents are saying about the apps