Many thanks to one of our lovely mums who provided the Powerpoints for Palm Sunday, Good Friday and the Resurrection.
Wk8 11.5.20 Home Learning
(The Sermon on the Mount)
In this topic we have looked at freedom and the responsibility that comes with it. The eTn Commandments help to guide us in our responsibilites.
Jesus also gave us a set of guidelines to help us live our lives in consideration of others. They are called the BEATITUDES.
- Read through the Powerpoint , The Beatitudes
- Select one of the Beatitudes tasks *= Bronze ** = Silver *** = Gold
- There is is also a poster to help you
Wk 9 18.5.20 Home Learning.
Over the next few weeks we will be looking at a topic called 'Transformation'. We will find out about the the feast of Pentecost and the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.
1. Look at the Pentecost Powerpoint to remind yourself of the Pentecost story
2. Select one of the Pentecost worksheets to complete
1 star = Bronze
2 stars = Silver
3 stars = Gold
You can check your work with the answer sheet AFTER you have done your writing.
3. If you have the resources at home, make the Pentecost Windmill
Wk 11 1.6.20 Home Learning.
All the resources for this lesson are on this page.
This week we look at the power of the Holy Spirit to TRANSFORM a person. You are going to find out about a Roman soldier named SAUL. It was his job to capture Christians and sometimes kill them. One day he was on the road to a city called Damascus in Syria. It was on this journey that he encoutered the Holy Spirit. In what way was Saul transformed?
- Watch the video: Saul is transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Open and read the file: The conversion of St Paul on the road to Damascus.
- Based on the video and Gospel reading, make a list showing what Saul was like BEFORE his conversion and another list showing how he had changed AFTER his conversion.
- Discuss these questions with an adult: What do you think about Saul’s story? Does anything surprise you? How do you think Saul felt when Jesus asked him ‘why do you persecute me’ Why did Ananias ask Saul to become baptised? How was Saul transformed by the Holy Spirit?
- Look at the Conversion picture, 'Conversion of St Paul Fra Angelico'.
SELECT 1 OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Imagine you were Saul. Write a letter to a friend describing what has happened to you and give reasons to show how this experience has changed your life.
- Use a picture of the conversion of Saul e.g. Fra Angelico - on the downloads list. (note that most pictures have a horse, which is not recorded in scripture). Discuss how the artist has shown the transformation that has taken place and the effect that it had on Saul.
- Read the prayer, 'O Come O Holy Spirit.'
In the scripture it says……….
On the picture it shows……….
Revisit the prayer Come Holy Spirit:
V. Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful.
R. And kindle in them the fire of your love.
V. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And you will renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray
God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of your faithful, grant that by that same Holy Spirit, we may be truly wise, and ever rejoice in your consolation, Through Christ our Lord. Amen
- With a partner say the prayer together and talk about what you think it means for people in their daily lives. Rewrite it in your own words showing you understand what it means.