Year 6 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 6!
What we are learning
At the top of this page are tabs linking to the subjects taught in Year 6. Each contains useful links and information for the subject.
Knowledge organisers can be viewed in the files for History, Geography, Art, Science and Music. These are useful tools to support the children in their learning. They outline key vocabulary, facts and the 'Substantive Knowledge' that we want the children to remember.
Please look at these with your children to help them remember their learning
What facts can they remember?
Can they explain the meaning of key vocabulary?
Go back and practise learning from knowledge organisers from earlier in the year
Go back to previous year groups - what can children remember from previous years?
- PE is on Thursday and Friday.
- You do not need a pencil case - school will provide all that you need.
- All pupils will need a water bottle - we are unable to provide drinking cups.
- Homework is given out on a Friday, to be returned on a Tuesday. Children will receive one piece of English and Maths homework each week. In addition to this, children will receive spellings to learn each Wednesday. In Year 6, we expect children to read a book of their choice and to practise their times tables daily. Thank you for your continued support.
- Teachers for Year 6 are Miss Carr and Mrs Clayton.
- Our TAs this year are Mrs Whitter (Mon - Wed.) and Mrs Trantum (Mon - Fri. am.)
Could parents please make sure that any medication has been sent to school (and check that it has not expired). Thank you!
St Julie pray for us, protect us and bless us,
All of the Year 6 staff xxxx
Files to Download
Year 6: School News items
Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel, by Mrs Clayton
Santa Dash, by Mrs Clayton
Year 6: Blog items
Science Advent Calendar, by Mrs McCahey
Religious Education, by Mrs Clayton
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: School Calendar items
There are no School Calendar items to display