Art and Design
Purpose of study
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. A high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
The national curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
Art and Design and Technology Ambassadors
Art and Design and Technology Ambassadors are chosen for their love of Art and Design and Technology across the school. We felt this was an amazing opportunity for children, who are interested and passionate about Art and Design and Technology, to shine!
Art and Design and Technology Ambassador roles and responsibilities:
- To share a love of creating art and appreciating art with their class.
- To share a love of designing, making and evaluating with their class.
- To link with Miss Pratt, the subject leader
- To think and develop creative ways to promote art and design and technology across the school.
- To look for ways for pupils to have the opportunity to develop art and design and technology
The Art and Design and Technology Ambassadors are made up of pupils from Y2 - Y6
Year 2: Isla, Theia, Amaya and Raphie
Year 3: George, Thomas, Liberty and Freddie
Year 4: Evie, Ryan, Lucy and Findlay
Year 5: Ollie and Poppy
Year 6: Issac and Atarah
CulturED Our own St.Helens Arts team
Please view our WONDERFUL work by clicking play on the video below!